Would you like to be involved in the work of supporting families with Benton’s Hope? Join Bennie’s Buddies! We are continually looking for the following types of volunteers:
1. Comfort Kit Quilters: As part of the comfort kits we provide to families, we like to offer a hand sewn blanket for their baby or babies. This blanket, preferably made from soft material like fleece or flannel, should be gender neutral and 24 x 36 inches or smaller (note, blankets for early term delivery need to be smaller to accommodate the child’s size). We need approximately 45-50 blankets per year at this time.
2. Event Volunteers: Benton’s Hope participates in a variety of events throughout the year and we’re always looking for ambassadors to help inform folks about our mission to support families of child loss in the region. Event volunteers would typically be at a table or booth distributing materials about Benton’s Hope to the public.
3. Caring Companions: Do you have your own story of pregnancy or infant loss that you would be willing to share with others? Benton’s Hope distributes resource lists to all loss families who receive a comfort kit and try to make connections between loss families in the same area. If you are willing to be a listening ear for someone else walking in footsteps we all wish we weren’t, let us know and we’ll add you to our contact list. All referrals will come through Benton’s Hope from a recent loss family.
4. Funeral/memorial providers: Are you a funeral director that specializes in the care of families who have suffered a pregnancy or infant loss? We include local providers on our comfort kit resource lists and are always looking for more information to offer families, such as special training or discounted services (funerals, burials, etc).
5. Therapists or clergy: We are always looking for professional therapists or clergy who have specialized training in pregnancy and infant loss to help support our loss families after they have left the hospital. We would gladly share your information in our comfort kits if you are willing.
For ALL volunteer interests, please contact Amy or Sean at email@example.com or 218-779-1241 or 218-791-7535.